Sunday 16 October 2011

Issues of the Heart.

So it's been a while since I wrote on here - been so busy lately, I've not had time to write anything! This is 1 of 2 blogs for you guys today just to make up for my lack of scribbling on here!
I've been feeling a bit down lately (by the sounds of all of my blogs, I seem like I'm down all the time! I promise you, I'm not) due to some recent events.
Mainly, it's issues of the heart.  My heart to be exact.
Just listening from the old school tunes I've got on my iPod and there's so many more songs about unrequited love, heart break, lost love etc than there is about people finding love and falling in love.
Yeah, sure there are songs like  that, but the ones about loss of love in any sense seem to be more popular. Is it because a majority of people can relate to it? Do the lyrics seem to be more genuine? Or because, when it comes to writing about losing someone we love, it has more of an impact on us than finding someone to love?
Who knows, I'll let you think about that one.

The hardest thing is coming to terms when you find out (the bad way) that someone you cared so much about, made a deal over and thought mattered to you  doesn't feel the same way back about you. The kind of person your best friends say: "He/she is trouble!" "Don't bother with them, they'll only hurt you." "They're not worth the time of day"
The list goes on.
But you ignore them and find out the nasty painful way. Why do we always ignore our best friends' advice? The people who have our best interests at heart? You'd think we'd know better but we seem to want to find out for ourselves.

I guess you feel cheated. Gutted and inevitably hurt beyond words so that all you can is cry and just feel miserable. BUT, I've realised that you need to start talking about it, work through the emotions because keeping it all in is just going to hurt you more and eat away at you.
I'm one of these people who keeps everything inside and doesn't talk about my feelings. Then they start building up and it gradually grows, simmers and one day it just ALL comes out in one big argument.
Yeah...this isn't too great.
It's odd how we say that after something like this, we're like: "Ah whatever! I'm over him/ her!" but to be honest, we're a lot more hurt than we ever let on.
We go over the situation a thousand times in our head, evaluate our feelings and what they said to us, what it meant, what they meant to try make sense of it and to try understand why they didn't reciprocate the feelings.
Especially if you spent so much of your time and energy on them - you know what I'm talking about. Staying up that bit late every other night so that you can speak to them, text them back instantly to keep the convo going, doing stuff to make them happy and ignoring all your best friends' opinions on the guy/girl.  Sometimes going behind your family's back for them because you think that they're worth it.
 Actually they're really not, but we still carry on doing it; for them because we think that we matter to them.
For all you know, you could be part of a long list of people they text/call every night and could quite easily be saying the same thing to a load of other people.
  I'm not here offering up advice because I don't think I'd make a very good agony aunt.

Yeah, ok you'll feel down for a few weeks but I guess you start to gradually forget about them and get on with your own life and do your own thing.
It's even better if you delete them off Facebook, IM, your mobile, all their texts (or just store them as Do Not Pick Up)  because you won't get that niggling feeling of stalking their FB profile, ring them or text them.
I suppose you'll remember what they did, but it wouldn't affect as much as it initially did.
I'd like to think of it as a lesson to learn and never go there again.
Who knows, might even find a decent guy/girl and get with them and forget about the S.O.B (for those in doubt: Son of a B*tch)

Chin up always :) xxx





1 comment:

residentofalittlerock said...

love it! remember, life goes on, and the less baggage, the easier the trip :) xx

Post a Comment