Tuesday 17 April 2012

Man of the Match


Happy Tuesday  I know I said that my last blog was the "final" one, but let's be honest: This is me we're talking about and any moment to procrastinate is fully taken advantage of.


I'm in quite an emotional state right now to be honest and as this blog is about my thoughts, well here we go. Sorry if it gets a bit too deep and mushy.

 This entry is actually about someone very close to my heart. And I think is probably the most personal I've ever been on this blog so far.
I would do anything for him and whatever success I get in the future, is all because of him.


You were the first one to hold me,
Give me my first feed,
Kiss my chubby cheeks and smile when my fingers curled around your pinky tightly.
Refusing to let you go and leave.
I think that was the first sign that we'd always be a team. 
You held my hands and laughed when I began to crawl. 
You smiled when I began to stand and anxiously stood behind me when I started to walk,
Terrified that I would walk into the door or fall over.
You answered my questions in baby speak; you probably had no idea what I was saying.

Your hugs protect me from the pain, the rain and stop my world from falling apart.
When yours fell apart, I caught you in the same way and will never let  you collapse,

You are the strongest person I know and without you I am nothing. 
Forget what others say; they don't know you. 

Forget how much pain others have put you through,
One day you will smile and hold your head high
While theirs will be lowered and miserable.
And as always

Your baby tiger will be there. 

 I'm aware that so many people don't have a father in their lives, may even hate their dad for various reasons, or don't know who their father is.
I've been very lucky to have someone like him to be my father - I know all too common that many people feel that their father is an imposing figure or can't build a relationship with him.
I guess instead of a mum, I got a superman father to be both and I'm grateful that I stayed with him and my grandma.
 (Maybe I should do an entry on my grandma, she's a brill source of entertainment and timeless jokes/quotes)

I realise that this entry is very random, but I just felt the need to it.
If you're a student supposed to be studying/revising for your exams, you know what to do.
Get back to work.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

brilliant stuff, straight from the heart, keep smiling

Post a Comment