Monday 26 November 2012

Wicked Games


So it's another grey, miserable rainy day - again, this seems to be a recurring theme whenever I decide to do a blog - however, this time my hair's safe for now!
My hair 1 - 0 Rain
Today's title comes from The Weeknd's song "Wicked Games" which is easily one of the best tracks I've ever heard and with a lot of his songs, it just captures your mood perfectly. If you've not heard of the song, you must listen to it and his other stuff!

The song reminds me of a recent love that backfired badly and was probably the worst. But it taught me a lot and I'm grateful for that side of it.
It was the one-sided, I'll-give-you-all-of-myself-and-do-anything-for-you type loves. And in return what you get is what I can only describe as a middle finger back at your raw emotions and a kicking when you eventually are thrown aside.
I call it a love because well...without sounding cliché, he was the only person I'd ever cared about properly and the only person I allowed to enter my emotions; we had both grown up without a parent and for me, it was a relief to find someone else who knew exactly how that pain feels, how that emptyness manages to engulf you and how much it affects you.
Now I'm one of these people who doesn't really give second chances, but the number of chances I gave to this guy was unbelievable. It was the whole "Oh but he'll change for me" mentality and hope that he used to feed me. Certain men don't change for anyone; it doesn't matter how many times you cry, scream, beg and plead with them. You end up doing stupid things to try make them happy, without realising how much you're cutting into your soul and destroying yourself.
It wasn't until he left (conveniently) that I realised how much I'd hurt myself by trying to make him "happy" and he'd swanned away unscathed.
It took me months to try and forget about him; I was in misery for months. It hurts when the other person falls out of love with you.
I know that when someone leaves you, the emotional surge hits you like a train and its those scars that never quite manage to heal up which remain with you. The months of agony where part of you hates the other's guts but the other part where you're desperately crying out for them and almost wanting the bad times to return simply because you just want the good times come with that.
But then you realise - this takes a while, a long time in my case - that it's not worth having the times that emotionally killed you just for a few brief moments of smiling, kisses and cuddles. It's the pain that you remember the most and the number of times they tried to break you.

No one is worth going back to, especially if the pain that they caused makes you extra suspicious of people's intentions and wary of being involved with anyone else.
I guess they'd have to be pretty damn special if you go back to them and they actually change.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

the person will never change

Anonymous said...

I found this read fascinating and entirely true. I completely sympathise with what you have been put through as it has recently happened to me.
Having read this post, it has completely lifted me and given me a new outlook on the situation I have allowed myself to fall into.
I do miss that person whole heartedly, and the way we ended was a complete shame.
But since the departure I have completely torn myself apart from it. I wish that person knew how much regret I have towards our situation.
But I just want to say your words have completely lifted me and given me a totally different view on the matter. Keep doing what you're doing.

Unknown said...

:) Thank you for your kind words!! Means so much to me and I am glad that you feel lifted and generally more positive.
Don't get me wrong, I still ache for this guy and want him back so badly; but it's your sanity, happiness and inner peace that is most important.
Keep your head up love, if things aren't right and seem hopeless it means that your ending hasn't come yet. Things always end up naturally well. All my love and support to you xo

Anonymous said...

Yeah I know exactly what you're saying, the feeling of complete abandonment is what has left me feeling completely shocked and in total despair.
But having read your blog, it made me think you're completely right. Nobody in the world deserves to have that kind of control of your sanity or well being. I have gone months of total hell and desperation trying to claim that person back, just to have it thrown back in my face.
When I read your blog, it completely reversed my mind set and made me think, you know what you're not all you're cracked up to be and has really lifted my spirits.
So thank you so much for that :) x

Unknown said...

Absolutely, I think when we're caught up in that feeling we forget ourselves and what we truly deserve because we're willing to do anything to keep that feeling we always when we're with the other person. :)
I am so glad that my blog has made you feel better (truly didn't realise the impact of this post) and keep your eyes peeled for more!
Chin up, you'll be fine in the end and someone will come along when you least expect it :) xo

Post a Comment